Canadian Junior Hockey League
Thief River Falls, MN | The Thief River Falls Norskies of the Superior International Junior Hockey League (SIJHL) are seeking a new Equipment Manager which is a part time paid position that lasts approximately 7 months.
A successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized and willing to work closely with the team coaching staff to serve the players’ needs. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with personal initiative and a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team on all road games.
The Norskies pride themselves on being a premier Canadian Junior A franchise based out of Thief River Falls, MN, providing a top experience for both players and team staff. The team’s facilities at the Ralph Engelstad Arena are second-to-none in the SIJHL, providing staff with everything needed to fulfill their roles effectively and efficiently.
The successful Equipment Manager will fulfill the duties of:
- Attending all games and practices
- Management/Recording and repair of players’ equipment (sticks, gloves, pants, helmets, jerseys)
- Game day setup of dressing room and team equipment
- Prepares locker room for referees
- Preferably have Sewing, Stitching skills etc
- Perform some office duties, including trip planning
- Maintaining an inventory of hockey supplies within a budget
- Skate sharpening and daily laundry
Previous hockey team experience would be an asset. This position requires non-standard hours. Salary will be based on experience and certification. Applications will be accepted until filling of position. Position is seasonal with a start date of September 1, 2017.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume by email to:
* We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact if we can offer an interview.